- God is a People-Person (Power of God Series 1 of 7)
- How’s Your Hearing?
- God Likes You. Oh, and loves you too. You may like “like” better, like I do.
- Did your folks have favorites? Did they admit it?
- Does God Help Those Who Help Themselves?
- Need a prayer? This is: The One!
- Enemies may Accumulate! But You Win!
- FAILURE, FRUSTRATION, CATASTROPHE! Your Keys to Success!
- John’s Book: Chap.1. “And he fell among robbers…” Luke 10:30
- Boring, Dull Meetings? 10 Skills for Leading Groups
- Get comfortable when you’re not! Think Mesopotamia!
- Thanksgiving Sail! No Discounts! Lots of Rewards! It’s a Dream!
- Save the Worms!
- God can slip through our hands; but we can’t slip through his. Nice!
- Casey and the Son-shine Band!
DONATE BY MAILMake checks payable to: Connections Mail to: Connections | P.O. Box 3246 | Merced, CA 95344
Author Archives: John
“Mesopotamia ancient name for the land that lies between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers (in modern Iraq), from Greek mesopotamia, literally “a country between two rivers,” from feminine of mesopotamos, from mesos “middle” (see medial (adj.)) + potamos “river” (see potamo–). … Continue reading
My Dream: (early this Thanksgiving morning) I was organizing an event. My Observations: The dream was Positive. The event prep work was Unfinished. I asked for… Papa God’s Interpretation: I believe I heard something like: Receive Our Peace. Things are always unfinished on earth—the wind, the … Continue reading
Save the Worms! “Nobody likes me. Everybody hates me. I’m going to go eat worms,” says the taunt against feeling sorry for ourselves. However, eating worms may make good sense. Laura Agadoni, in her article, “Worms As a Food Source for … Continue reading
“Lend me a hand with the groceries, please.” “Give them a big hand for the fine job they’ve done.” “I had a hand in that too.” “You won, hands down.” “Get your hands off me!” Hands matter! Jesus promises us … Continue reading
He left his mother the gift of God’s Son-shine. She found it the third morning after he passed. My friend, Casey Flanagan Priest, “crossed over to be with Jesus, August 17, 2016.” Brother Casey was only 33. He had a health … Continue reading
Are you struggling and fighting discouragement? Take heart. That’s the normal battleground of a true believer. “This is no afternoon athletic contest that we’ll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a … Continue reading
“Bang!” and the universe began. On April 24, 1992 we read that the “Big Bang” had been confirmed by scientists. They were thrilled to believe they had found the beginning of the universe. “A Very Big Bang,” is what Patricia … Continue reading
“You ought to be ashamed of yourself!” Tragically, this reprimand is considered appropriate. Adults speak it over children. Religious leaders speak it over their own followers. Political leaders do the same. Many of us speak it over ourselves as we … Continue reading
“No Pain, No Gain!” proclaim the athletes. Going through hard times is essential to growth and success, they believe. Jesus and his main followers believe it too. “Train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness … Continue reading