- Quietness is key. Old thinking says, Nothing doing!” God waits! Patiently.
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- The Throne of Grace! Come on up for the fun of It!
- Party on, Believer-Dude. Living La Vida Cristo!
- Pathos Power – Sorrow: a Jesus Soft Skill – (Power of God Series 7 of 7)
- Pod Power – The Tri-Pod of Love – (Power of God Series 6 of 7)
- Prophecy Power – Imagine Hearts Being Healed by Your Words! – (Power of God Series 5 of 7)
- The Power of Being Present – (Power of God Series 4 of 7)
- What do you want us to hear the about your kingdom?
- Power in Your Place – (Power of God Series 3 of 7)
- Two Make a Majority – (Power of God Series 2 of 7)
- God is a People-Person (Power of God Series 1 of 7)
- How’s Your Hearing?
- God Likes You. Oh, and loves you too. You may like “like” better, like I do.
- Did your folks have favorites? Did they admit it?
DONATE BY MAILMake checks payable to: Connections Mail to: Connections | P.O. Box 3246 | Merced, CA 95344
Category Archives: Blog
Do you overthink things? Do you resist sharing? Do you try to go it alone? Many of us were trained to be independent and work on our own and that’s good to a point. It ceases to be good when … Continue reading
God is a People-Person Who wants to visit Disneyland alone? Such adventures are more fun to share with someone. Right? God agrees. God could have retired, gotten away from it all, and gone fishing. Instead, God signed up for the family … Continue reading
“My grandmother was the best listener of my childhood,” one adult student volunteered. “I knew she was listening because she asked me questions that pertained to what I shared with her.” “My fifth grade teacher was the best listener of … Continue reading
GOD LIKES YOU “God likes you,’ sounds different than, “God loves you.” Sometimes people say they love us but we know they don’t like us. So, hearing that God loves us may not feel very good and may not convey … Continue reading
Did your mother have a favorite child? Perhaps your father did. Was it you, or another sibling? How did that affect you and the family? Favorites create challenges. That’s probably why most parents deny having any. Siblings sometimes tease each … Continue reading
GOD’S WORK They replied, “We want to perform God’s works, too. What should we do?” Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.” (John 6:28–29) But we have our … Continue reading
My friend, the late Tom Flanagan of Chowchilla, called it the “Perfect Prayer.” Jesus himself taught it saying, “Pray then like this: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as … Continue reading
“Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.” So says, satirist writer, Arthur Bloch. “Enemies accumulate,” is the funny part. Sometimes, as we get older, it sure seems that way. Our physical friends: strength, looks, health and youth go and the … Continue reading
Failure, frustration and catastrophe are not part of our youthful dreams. No one dreams of someday getting a divorce; losing a job, career, or business; of bankruptcy or home foreclosure; or of death prematurely stealing a loved one. When such … Continue reading
Mary, Martha, Lazarus and Jesus a Story about Neighbors and Anxiety Chapter 1 by John Parker “And he fell among robbers…” Luke 10:30 Seeing the man half-dead alongside the road and hearing his blood scream from the ground, “Murder! Robbery! … Continue reading